In celebration of 1st March, I’m introducing you to my inner hippie, who definitely comes out to play in the lighter months.
My inner hippie:
- Has wild curly hair, freckles and pale skin. She does not tan and hides under an umbrella when the sun comes out!
- Gardens in a scruffy but comfortable manner. She works on the ‘pull a few weeds as you go past’ school of management and doesn’t kill any living thing (even those red lily beetles which she is supposed to pick off, but can’t quite bring herself to do it).
- Reads lots of books, especially about plants, potions and healthy stuff.
- Loves wildlife and goes on the odd bird watching expedition.
- Holidays in places where nature is at its best, but is not averse to a city break if there are shops involved.
- Is crazy about charity shops and cannot walk past one without making a cheeky purchase.
- Likes to try out her Spanish & French conversation skills on holiday and doesn’t care if she looks stupid.
- Would spend all day in a kaftan and no knickers is she could get away with it.
- Likes to have her toes in sand, or on grass and her hands in mud and soil.
- Sings like no-one is listening.
- Performs the odd yoga move
- Enjoys a rock concert from time to time
- Cooks a bit erratically, but makes a good curry
- Occasionally reads Tarot and Goddess cards
- Understands the secrets of aromatherapy
- Rocks leather now and then
- Wears Birkenstocks in the summer
- Has a penchant for sparkly, floaty stuff: especially harem pants, long skirts, scarves and jewelled slippers!
- Secretly likes to think she is a Welsh goddess
- Blogs as Flowerpowerlife