Now, I don’t know about you, but now I’m into my fifties, late nights and drinking wine have lost their appeal somewhat. However, I still like an occasion to dress up and have a good laugh with my friends. So let me introduce …..drumroll…. the late lunch.
I don’t know why I didn’t think of it earlier really, but for the last couple of years instead of going out early evening then waiting in a taxi queue in the freezing cold to get home late at night, we just go out in the afternoon! The benefits are obvious.
- You can wear something nice and not worry about dropping temperature.
- Sometimes the sun actually shines and you can sit outside and people watch with a glass of rose in hand.
- Mostly no need to book a restaurant as they are less busy in the day.
- No VERY LOUD music. Hearing’s not as good as it was so you don’t miss half of what’s going on
- Sometimes, if you’re lucky, you can combine lunch with a spot of shopping!
- You can put your PJs on and watch TV when you get home.
- Lunch menus often have some really good deals.
- Younger family members will come along (if you want them to) as it doesn’t impact on their social life.
- No going to bed on a full tummy!
What’s not to love?